The California Lawyers Foundation shares a common mission with the California Lawyers Association of promoting excellence, diversity, and inclusion in the legal profession and fairness in the administration of justice and the rule of law. We believe in a profession that mirrors our population, in access to justice for all and in a society that understands the equalizing role of the rule of law and judicial branch.
Formed in 2019, the California Lawyers Foundation (“CLF”) is the charitable arm and partner of the California Lawyers Association, California’s voluntary statewide bar association. The Foundation conducts charitable programs, projects, and activities (including continuing legal education (CLE) and other educational programs to support and educate lawyers and others in the legal profession) that further the Foundation’s mission.
While new to the scene, the CLF is a statewide foundation actively developing and supporting projects that improve access to justice for people in need and make the legal system fairer and more efficient for everyone; increase diversity in the profession and help educate Californians about the 3rd branch, the role of lawyers and the rule of law.
The Foundation is a tax-exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) Section 501(c)(3).
The CLF is governed by a Board of Directors of committed trailblazers in the legal community. Meet our Board and Professional Team:
Partnering with the Foundation
The Foundation is proud to support and encourage programs, services and activities that further our mission to promote excellence, diversity, and inclusion in the legal profession, fairness in the administration of justice and the rule of law, access to justice, and greater civic engagement and understanding.
- Interested in our mission and would like to support our work? The CLF has developed a Gift Acceptance Policy.
- Interested in our mission and would like to volunteer? Please reach out to our Executive Director to join our Fundraising Committee.
- Interested in our mission and would like the Foundation to co-sponsor and support your work? The CLF has developed a Co-Sponsorship Policy.
- Ready to request that the Foundation co-sponsor your work? Complete this form.
- FAQs about how to partner with the Foundation.